+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Perfect weapon

Talking Perfect weapon

How would you describe your ideal weapon? What would you choose if your life depended on it?
    Scenario: Nighttime, Narrow alley, Attackers are not out for your money but drug addicts out to have fun with your life.

Mine would be a relatively short dagger, with an anodized blade about 3 inches in length, with a slightly angled angle.

Short: So I could easily conceal it. The cleanest kills are done when the opponents don't know you're packing blades. (Hope I don't have to do this at any point in my life. I'm actually a peaceful guy. This is just how we're trained)

Anodized blade: Blade with black finish-so my opponents are not warned by the gleam reflecting from sources of light.

Blade 3 inches in length: With longer daggers, some power is lost at the tip when you use them as slashing instruments. You will tend to just graze the skin and the muscle. With shorter blades (within reason), you can reach arteries and even bone.

Angled handle: For better handling. Straight handles are said to be harder to hold onto after the first kill, when they're drenched with blood.

Sorry if this sounds too morbid. It's just that I am a practitioner of the Filipino Arts and you guys know how we love blades.

The perfect weapon is the brain. Its always with you, always concealed, and there is no outside evidence to divulge its skill level or readiness. Master it, and not only will you encounter less opponents, the ones you do encounter are already defeated.

Wink

My brain and hands would be my ideal weapon. If I were to be attacked my brain will be able to think quick and my hands will be able to eye jab, ear slap, and be able to block any punches with my elbows and straight blast the attacker... Thanks to my trainer Sigung Paul Vunak and Sifu Harinder Singh....I will always be prepared!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by fmamovement View Post
    How would you describe your ideal weapon? What would you choose if your life depended on it?
    Scenario: Nighttime, Narrow alley, Attackers are not out for your money but drug addicts out to have fun with your life.

Mine would be a relatively short dagger, with an anodized blade about 3 inches in length, with a slightly angled angle.

Short: So I could easily conceal it. The cleanest kills are done when the opponents don't know you're packing blades. (Hope I don't have to do this at any point in my life. I'm actually a peaceful guy. This is just how we're trained)

Anodized blade: Blade with black finish-so my opponents are not warned by the gleam reflecting from sources of light.

Blade 3 inches in length: With longer daggers, some power is lost at the tip when you use them as slashing instruments. You will tend to just graze the skin and the muscle. With shorter blades (within reason), you can reach arteries and even bone.

Angled handle: For better handling. Straight handles are said to be harder to hold onto after the first kill, when they're drenched with blood.

Sorry if this sounds too morbid. It's just that I am a practitioner of the Filipino Arts and you guys know how we love blades.

@pfsjkdvunak I totally agree with you. Proper preparation with self preservation and self perfection

Quote Originally Posted by pfsjkdvunak View Post
    My brain and hands would be my ideal weapon. If I were to be attacked my brain will be able to think quick and my hands will be able to eye jab, ear slap, and be able to block any punches with my elbows and straight blast the attacker... Thanks to my trainer Sigung Paul Vunak and Sifu Harinder Singh....I will always be prepared!

Nancy

If you're life depended on it, you wouldn't prefer a weapon rather than just your hands? and you instructors told you/agree with this?
    Weapons evolve for a reason, they are more effective than just your hands!

In answer to the original op, a strong thin sharp blade with textured handle. About 4 inches long. I'm not to worried about slashing at someone, slashes look nasty but a puncture wound would seems more effective if you're in that much strife, imo.

Imagine for a moment that i have a blade, and you try to block with your elbows....what will you straight blast with? you've just lost speed and power, even if by some miracle you retain any motion at all !

Of course a weapon is better, but if it is easily assessable then I would prefer that. But if you had to think quick and react then your hands can be your weapon too

If the attacker had a knife and I did not have a weapon then I would just defend myself and intercept and strike the eyes when I can.

jim - its probably not a good option to block the blade..

better to intercept and control the wrist or elbow..
    redirecting or parrying also targets the carrier,
    rather than the blade itself..
    if you must make contact with it, best use shod feet,
    if you have good mikazuki geri [crescent kick] this can
    be used to attack his wrist/forearm, which might, dislodge
    the knife, and may allow entry to his personal zone
    past the knife, to the outside say, options for control etc..

if unavoidable, contact with outer vs inner wrist..
    away from blood vessel rich areas..
    at any rate, not a good idea to start out thinking of
    entering his personal zone to stab, which takes your,
    body into range of his, knife, and stabbin you..
    this pre-supposes some level of skill[!]

self defense is a main principle for a blade..
    if you can avoid it, thats your best bet..
    if theres something handy, grab that,
    a chair or whatever.. anything..

throw the cat at him...

then run for it..

especially if you have a bo, katana or .45
    close enough to run to..

Hi Shisoshin,

i absolutely agree that blocking a blade is not the best of strategies, and 'showing a clean pair of heels' is by far the best plan of attack!
    I remember running through some knife defense in jujitsu classes and realising the risk involved in trying to disarm someone

I was trying to make the point that given the ops question, the response of going for the eyes, or blocking punches with the elbow and straight blasting the attacker is not a good choice imo, the op sets the scene as a dark alley populated by drug dealers, in my experience blades quickly become a factor to consider. The op gives an option for a weapon and gives the senario that you are in mortal peril. To me, the responses just seemed to say that they felt hands to be superior.

Perhaps i wasn't clear or misunderstood the posts responding to the op, it happens, i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, ahaha )

How's life on the beach? Weather sucks up in Harbin, the pollution is horrible so i'm really missing the walk along the headlands at the moment!

Hope you are well,

Regards,
    Last edited by GentlemanJim; 06-11-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Really can't spell !

sure jim, just a response..
    years ago 'playing' a cutting game with my phillipino arts friend
    [using coloured textas to simulate cutting] he sort of eased up,
    just moving around, smiling.. 'whats the go?' i asked..

"im just waiting for you to bleed out" his [still smiling] reply..

texta lines show who cut who where, thus who opened blood vessels..
    thus, who will bleed out first.. which esp while active, can be fast,
    especially when by accident or expertise your
    'tap has been turned on'..

anyway, that lesson from my stick fighting friend
    hit home for me, even tho i had what i thought
    was a healthy regard for, the blade..
    hence that cautionary response

My perfect weapon (non projectile) would be a Shovel/Spade. I spend a great deal of time with one so I am more familiar with the scope of that tool over any other. Besides my obvious familiarity and comfort with the spade, it has many great features Im sure any martial arts master can appreciate;
    Its over 5 ft in length!
    The shaft is often made with a strong light weight material (Fibre Glass/ Ash)
    The spade blade itself possesses many great qualities-
    when turned sideways and swung, provides a 10" cutting surface.
    When thrusted forward it makes contact with a concaved acute angle.
    When drawn back, the steps on either side of the spade serve as grapples.

And nothing can throw sand in an opponents face quite as efficiently!

+ Reply to Thread