Thread: realistic disarm training

realistic disarm training

i'd like to use a paintball pistol for training gun disarms. turning the air down would be a must. masks more than likely for all in the area.

the reason i was thinking of doing this was to be more realistic. no more, 'i could have shot you.' now is their chance.

input?

Rickster

While I understand the idea. This is a idea or concept not like others in defense. What happens to the paint balls? Would this create a mess? Could a air soft pellet gun work? There is a huge difference of the sound of a round and a bullet discharging and traveling over 900 fps. If you are looking for a safe gun to simulate the action of a real gun, then you are past the point of actual defense.

I think to practice realistic gun disarming, one might as well try to grab a rattlesnake. Like training to disarm a firearm, this type of action is unpredicable and can turn deadly.

In other words, it is much easier to train in the mentality of guns, per understanding guns used in crime and domestic violence. If one is set into a environment where there are likely to be such, then they ought to arm themselves and to practice shooting a real gun. IMHO<br><br>Post edited by: Rickster, at: 2009/10/13 05:42

understood.

Rickster

Re:realistic disarm training

osrkd_101 wrote:
    understood.
    Sorry, I did not desire to come off with such aversion.<br><br>Post edited by: Rickster, at: 2009/10/16 03:23

just meant i understood what you were saying. makes sense.

Rickster

I know. I just did not want you to get the wrgons interpretation of my vast, inital reply

I think it makes more sense to practice with a rubber or plastic fake gun. Paintball guns or large and expensive and dangerous up close; it doesn't make sense to train with something that could actually injure someone. If you practice as if the fake gun is real you will learn the techniques that you can apply in a real life situation. Besides, a paintball still is not "realistic." A paintball gun will not prepare you for a real gun any more than a plastic one. Just my opinion

A guy pulls a gun on me, I'm straight up taking it and burying it up his *** guaranteed.
    Ain't nothing sweeter than driving your fist through a d-bag's face.

What did I just read?

that was just a blow-in attention seeking nobody
    who added the same rubbish to various forums..
    an example of whats out there, and may find
    martial arts sites etc for their soapbox..

they dont break forum rules so i left them up
    as possibly instructive to real martial artists
    and/or as seeds for genuine discussion etc..

that prawn is not, representative of this site
    or attitudes of genuine martial artists
    or normal adults for that matter...