Featured Member

member image
judoka

Who's Online

13 Guests Online
6 Users Online

Live Bookmarks

Polls
What style of martial arts do you study?

Too old ?

Related Forum Topics:

<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 Next > End >>
Too old ? - 2006/12/30 08:52 I am 35 & have only been going to Karate for about six weeks (once a week). I was elegantly trying to decide as to whether or not I was too old and maybe left it too late to even realisatically consider achieving a black belt eventually.
  | | | The administrator has disabled public write access.
re:Too old ? - 2006/12/30 11:16 To a great extent I do enjoy Karate very much. Thanks for the all the support.
re:Too old ? - 2006/12/30 12:46 Im 45 & unfortunately going for Green belt soon. And yes I've no doubt I would make
Black Belt Even without scarcely being able to kick someone ten inches taller than me in the head. I rather aim for the knees & the groin anyway in a serious situastion. <g>

Popular posts by Maccabee
    Double-ASP extentions
re:Too old ? - 2006/12/30 15:15 I styaretd some later than you ( almost a decade ) & I'm a Nidan in one style & just graedd to Shodan in another. Also I anticipate moving up yet further. Others would usually agree o.K. I am healtrhy & I do train more often than once a week but it can be done.
re:Too old ? - 2006/12/30 17:35 It is never to late to start.
Perhaps it is to late to take it up for the sake of competition, and perhaps you will never learn those fancy moves that you see overly gymnastic practicioners do in movies (but that you never see in any practical situation, be it competition or selfdefense), but you can always take it up as the facinating art it is.
You dont have to dedicate your life to it. For most it is only a good and fun physical hobby/sport. Only, it is one that you can continue with even if you are way past the "competative" age.

And ive seen much, MUCH older persons get blackbelts. It is hard, but far from impossible.
And regarding the "perhaps", that is exactly what they are. You never know until you try. Go for it. If you decide you dont like it, you only wasted some time, that otherwise might have been spent in front of the TV.
re:Too old ? - 2006/12/30 18:57 I'm 52+ and got my black belt (shodan) for 2 months ago. I started karate at
14 till 16 and stopped for 10 years. Then I picked it up and started again in 1982 untill now: 21 years.
Trainings are always hard and with older age I must work harder but it gives a nice feeling. I like karate untill I can't move any more. I toke about 10 yeard from 4 till 1st kuye. Now at black belt I have to start again going on with complexer kata's. You are never to old to learn and enyou all of this,
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 Next > End >>