Featured Member

member image
icewalker

Who's Online

7 Guests Online
4 Users Online

Live Bookmarks

Polls
What style of martial arts do you study?

Any Tradition Jujistu Practioners out there?

Related Forum Topics:
   Submission Wrestling and Brazilian Jujitsu
   Jujitsu in El Paso
   ninjitsu and jujitsu

Any Tradition Jujistu Practioners out there? - 2006/12/07 10:38 Funny how Traditional Jujitsu has been around for 2500 years and all I see are BJJ forums. I am looking for anyone that still studies Traditional Japanese Jujitsu. I own a Traditional Dojo In the Jacksonville Florida area. Funny thing is I see everyone teaching BJJ but IM the only person in my city teaching real Jujitsu. If your out there let me know. I would love to fire up some conversations on other things than just wrestling around the floor.
  | | | The administrator has disabled public write access.
re:Any Tradition Jujistu Practioners out there? - 2006/12/07 20:09 Hi Sensei,

I used to practice tradition jujitsu on CA, but when I've moved I couldn't find any school on my new location.

Would be delighted to talk to you
re:Any Tradition Jujistu Practioners out there? - 2006/12/07 20:49 Glad to hear there is at least one person out there. Im in Jacksonville area and I am the only school in this huge city that teaches Jujitsu. I guess everyone likes the easy Tae Kwon Do stuff. Sport Martial Arts are big business. We actually only keep 1 out of every 10 people that come in try our Jujitsu class. Its is probably the hardest to learn as abusive on the body goes. Usually someone comes in to watch and they see a student get shoulder thrown or armbared and walked around the room and they say " Your not doing that to me". Easier to kick a bag that doesnt kick back I guess. Just my thoughts. Im still looking for more people.

Student
What Jujitsu did you take out in Calafornia? How long did you study? Did you enjoy it? How far did you get as far as Rank? Would love to hear.
re:Any Tradition Jujistu Practioners out there? - 2006/12/08 11:39 Hi Sensi,

Please forgive me for my late reply, I could not remember the site address...

I was learning Karate Kempo and Jujitsu under Prof. Jack Long.
We were practicing for 2 years (15 hrs/week), and than I had to leave for another country.
Couldn't find traditional jujitsu, so tried BJJ and ninjitsu, doing both for several years. Eventually I've sattled on ninjitsu, which reminds me a lot the traditional JJ since I find BJJ too bound by it's rules.
Totally I'm practicing 6-7 years (10-15 hrs/week).
Traditional Japanese Jujitsu - 2006/12/12 14:27 Hai Senseijundt.

I was very nicely surprised by your question.
I'm living in Hoorn, The Netherlands. Altough you would see a lot of BJJ clubs arising overhere. Most Dojo's are teaching the traditional Japanese Jui-Jitsu.
We see Jui-Jitsu as the mother of Japanese martial arts which has no rules. But everething is focused on survival in battle.
Traditional Japanese Jujitsu - 2007/01/08 16:59

Hi Janjitsu,
Welcome to our forums

Say,
out of curiosity - does you name have any translation?

Related Products:
   Aikido: Tradition And The Competitive Edge
   Zippo - Black Ice, Unparalleled Tradition
   The Yoga Tradition: Its History, Literature, Philosophy And Practice